"Art is a lie that shows us the truth" - Pablo Picasso







Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kobena and GAF


The GAF 102 A and the Kobena 321 are with me already.My first "boxed" cameras. Yey




















The GAF was at first extremely disappointing. Unboxing revealed that the flimsy film compartment latch was coming off. Also, the viewfinder was blurry. Worst of all, after putting fresh batteries in, the motor wasn't powering on.





It turned out that a small circular lens became detached from the viewfinder. This, along with the latch problem, could be remedied with some super glue. And with further trying, the film transport motor powered on. I immediately put in the Revue cartridge I found on the Kobena and started exposing (why, do you ask, did I not expose it on the camera I found it on?...read on).








I paid more than I think I should have for this, but I think that its worth it since I really fell in love with its unusual design.

As for the afformentioned Kobena, well the battery compartment was extremely corodded. Let's just say I'm still in the process of cleaning and reviving her. Updates soon






Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment