"Art is a lie that shows us the truth" - Pablo Picasso







Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Near future


Has a nice ring to it,eh? Oh well,I just hope mine will be a good one. One might say that I'm not really doing anything to make that happen..well...I'll get to that in a minute.


Today is going ok relatively...Had folks come in this morning so I had a sense of purpose for this day. That mainly being food. I prepared some pasta. Not difficult at all. Done it a couple of times already. The dish was received well. It's a nice feeling when something you've poured some effort to is appreciated. But then you know that, don't you. Anyway,that went well.


After that, hit the books once again for some French. It's both a nice distraction, something to pass the time, and also a very important aspect of my finding anything here (i.e. a job). That went well too, with the lesson progressing to Near Futures using the different conjuctions of the verb "aller" plus the present tense of any verb..So that gives us "going to..(verb).." . I really liked that lesson. It sort of opened more possibilities and, I should say, greatly increased my "french bank". I still have to put it to practice though.


Which brings us to my weird statement up front. Yes I used the lame relevance of the french lesson with my personal trials and tribulations..but as the language had lessons for me, so did life. Today it sort of dawned on me that nobody will pick me up here...NOBODY...there's only me. There will be no magical job opening that will land on my lap. There will be no out-of-the-blue kind person offering me a company position. Nothing of that sort..So, if I really want that self respect, and the respect of other people that I so badly want...if I really want that Flip MinoHD camera, or that Jean jacket from Esprit, that Nikon D40 , the Dell studio MT, the Kaoss Pad 3, (ok we get the idea), I have to really get off my ass here. I cannot rely on anybody. It's as simple as that. Do I want it bad enough?


Learned to prepare the French staple "croque Monsieur" from youtube. Seems it is prepared differently by diff people. I think I have all the ingredients, save the actual "jambon" which i can purchase at Del Haize across the street. Sure to try it one of these days. Keep you posted.


Oh,and that picture? It's the snack I had...Your usual coffee and "beucoup de bonbon". Better watch it suger levels will go up (or my teeth will be f/%รง/cked).


Hmm..what's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment