"Art is a lie that shows us the truth" - Pablo Picasso







Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Trailing Male

Yes,that's right,Thats what I am. Yesterday was a helluva day. So big in fact that I ended up getting out of bed at 10am this morning.

A lot of things happened yesterday. First I read a book online and was introduced to the notion of a "trailing male". That is, a male spouse following his already-with-work wife abroad? Ring any bells? Yup, thats me. It was such a relief to find out that my predicament was recognized, and that there are others like me. It put a lot of things in perspective. And, like to process of getting over an addiction, it was comparable to the first step which is "to recognize the problem".

I went to the city in the afternoon to fix some paperwork and who do I see? Dennis, another trailing male like me. We had some drinks (well, a lot of drinks) and had fun just talking about stuff. We even met this girl Christane. She was really nice to talk to as well.

Overall, yesterday was a real eye-opener. Here's hoping that the momentum will stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment