"Art is a lie that shows us the truth" - Pablo Picasso







Wednesday, April 22, 2009

of shrimp and porkchops

Woke up still a little dazed, from too many beers and smoking the night before.And so,breakfast was unfortunately skipped. We still had a tray of frozen shrimp in the fridge, and how to prepare that was what I was thinking about. So, i looked up recipe videos on Youtube, and sure enough Peachy had a nice one for me. It seems she is in Europe,because she bought her shrimps for something euros. I think she is in Italy because the cameraman, who seemed to be her husband, was referred to her as mi amore. Anyway, it was basically shrimp with sauteed garlic, and zuchini. Now I didn't have zuchini at the house, and the only things that I had with starch in 'em (as what peachy mentioned about zuchini) were carrots and potatoes. So in they went. The dish was..pretty ok. It was clear I had a lot of improvements to do. No biggie, I DO have all the time in the world after all.
Dinner was a bit delayed. Had to buy the actual meat right before cooking it. Pork + lime + salt + paprika powder + volatile cooking oil = porkchops. Now that was a bit of a success for me. I think I will experiment further though, to tweak the taste.
I'm having writer's bloc I think (that doesn't mean I consider myself an atual writer). I keep thinking about things to write throught the whole day, but when I get in front of the computer, I choke up. Oh well, this IS only my 2nd blog so..
Happy earth day..

No comments:

Post a Comment