"Art is a lie that shows us the truth" - Pablo Picasso







Monday, January 4, 2010

Bauer Trouble

First off, BlogPress works great! If only I can find where to edit the tags though...

So, on to the Bauer. It is an S 209 that I wasn't really "planning" on getting but was pleasantly surprised when I did. The battery compartment was nice and clean, and sure enough when I tested it the film advance was smooth.
Then I tested the zoom, first with the auto. The motor was humming, but there was no movement. So i tried manually. The lens itself didnt seem to move, so when I budged it, I think i broke it, because when I opened the side panel and took out the lens (see photo), it looked like there's a circular disk that came off. Yikes. Whats worse, is that when I tried putting the lens back, I couldn't see through the viewfinder anymore. Sigh...a work in progress, I think. Pity, 'coz the mechanisms inside looked really sharp. Maybe I'll keep this one for "study" purposes. What do you think?











Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment