"Art is a lie that shows us the truth" - Pablo Picasso







Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sankyo CM-800

This is the camera that started it all basically. I acquired it from a flea market in Trier for euros 4,50. I was just glad to see one in the flesh, I guess. Didn't know about checking the batt compartment for corrosion...or the lens for fungus...stuff like that. And so, upon taking it home and further inspecting it, here is what I got:
The battery compartment is heavily corroded (I think there were batteries when I opened it,..don't remember). Two of the contact springs have been replaced, which caused the battery contacts and the closing of the latch to be all screwed up.
There's some sort of tape near where the cartridge release. Maybe light is leaking in? And the lens is loose, but in fairly good condition.
Here are her specs (thanks to super8wiki):
year: 1969-70
lens: Sankyo zoom 1,8 / 7,5 - 60 mm
microprism focusing
auto/manual zoom
18, 36 + single frame
manual/auto exp
backlight control
no sound
made in Japan
manufacturer: Sankyo Seiki MFG co.
There you go. I might tinker with it a bit, but no expectations as to wether I can make it work. It makes a good,huge deco piece though.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment