"Art is a lie that shows us the truth" - Pablo Picasso







Saturday, January 23, 2010

Good News, Bad News


Ok first up the bad news. My second attempt to repair (cleaning mostly) the Eumig was in vain. It has a complicated shutter release/button system, and getting to its "guts" wasn't really that easy. Needless to say I will try again soon.




The good news is, i managed to make progress with the Sankyo CM 8 double 8 camera. I tried connecting 4 AAs via a battery pack, and whaddya know, its motor started whirring! I will connect the batt pack to it soon.








Ok ok, I know what you're saying. Where am I going to find double 8 film and a place to have it processed. Well I'm really concentrating on Super 8, but its still a great feeling when something that you thought didn't work, works. And I'd like to believe that I'm learning more and more about these cameras.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment