"Art is a lie that shows us the truth" - Pablo Picasso







Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Purpose in Life (for the next 2 months anyway)

I stumbled on the Straight8 website and read about how they have these "contests" and screenings of Super 8 films. The difference about them is that they are one-take, no edit, single- cartridge movies. And I'm thinking "hey, I can do this". Which is just what I'm going to do (or try to).

So these are the things I'll do in the next couple of weeks:

  • test shoot with my cameras
  • learn more about filming
  • raise or come up with GBP 85.24 (the entry fee with one super 8 cartridge)

The deadline for the submission of the entry is on 7 March 2010, and for the audio is 14 March 2010. Got my work cut out for me.

here's a sneak peek into what it's all about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLTHszB1VwE

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment