"Art is a lie that shows us the truth" - Pablo Picasso







Thursday, January 7, 2010

Weissenborn dream come true

Its here. Wow! I'm blurting out cheesy nonesense because I can't really express how I feel. Suffice it to say that I never thought I'd be able to hold one in my hands,let alone own one, since I first learned about them and fell in love with the instrument. Again, W-O-W...
















This is a style 1 Weissenborn copy by Ermanno Pasqualato of italy (www.lapsteelguitar.net). I finally got it today from the post. I opened the case to see that the tone bar was out of its styro pack. Unfortunately, I think this caused the scratches on the side.















But it doesn't really matter. The Pasqualato sounds great! Even to my untrained hands it responded well.







I got a lot of woodshedding to do! Thanks Tina :) and Ermanno,excellent job,grazie.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment